We Fill in the Gaps to Elevate the Level of Work at IT Organizations
Support services, products, training, research, product evaluation and tool development to maximize the success of the people managing, developing, and supporting your customer facing products.
Empower the customer support team to create happy customers
Value-adding tool development, tapping into the collective ideas of the team, and workforce enablement related to learning, knowledge management and collaboration.
Through observation, participation in solving day-to-day customer support issues and gathering information from interactions with customers, support cases, development organizations, customer-support personnel and information accumulated during product conception, development and testing phases, we are able support customer support organizations with areas related to:
- Knowledge management
- Support tool development
- Training and knowledge transfer
- Communication with fix agents and triage process improvement
- Continuous product improvement
- Maximizing the value provided by the development organization
Transform the preparedness and day to day operation of the production support team
Training And Knowledge Management
- Provide situational training that improves troubleshooting proficiency and the ability to adapt as the application matures.
- Engage to encourage inventiveness by individuals of the team on ways to continuously improve the application's support in areas where the value of the improvement exceeds the cost.
- Go through past support tickets and conversations to create a narrative about the application that enhance the knowledge base.
- Tap into the collective intelligence of the support and development teams on how to improve productivity and increase efficiency.
- Increase the understanding of the underlying technology, provide simulation of potential error conditions, and incorporate knowledge accumulated since product conception.
Troubleshooting Tool Development
Recommend and develop solutions to help with problem determination tied to the group's knowledgebase and help desk system. Taking stock of how the product is supported to develop a mashup of tools that helps with:
- Finding key information related to the product or external resources needed for problem resolution
- Automating repetitive steps
- Easily discovering past solutions to problems
- Automating data collection and analysis
- Self-analysis and diagnostic of problems
Maximize the effectiveness of the development organization
Early execution of critical tasks that generally occur toward the end of a project; keeping the engagement with support groups continuous without impacting development responsibilities; and workforce enablement related to learning, knowledge management and collaboration.
IT Assist's objective when working as a member of the development team
Supplement developer's primary focus on customer-facing functionality by dealing with parts of the application that:
- Improves deployment readiness and reduces deployment impacts.
- Makes it easier to support the application in production and the support functionality exercised during the testing phase.
- Incorporates measures that improve problem diagnostic and reduces application overhead.
- Develop and facilitate knowledge transfer with knowledge captured from SME, through observation, support cases, design, architecture, APIs and code and more.
- Help handle tasks such as production support handoff material development, application monitoring design and execution, troubleshooting process documentation, support tool development, error condition documentation and other tasks that guarantee future success of the application while the developers are under the gun to develop the product's functionality.
Increase business and market focus and maximize the productivity realized from engagement with internal teams
- Training and research to increase technical knowledge and awareness.
- Help align business needs with development team capabilities and available technologies to make more informed decisions.
- Help guarantee the integrity of business requirements to the deployed product through project artifact review for inconsistencies and anomalies.
- Help control cost associated with customizations made to purchased products and balancing it with internal asset.
Product Development Support
- Research, internal information gathering and metrics collection.
- Pre-launch and post-launch activities support.
- Value-adding tool development.
- Product enhancement survey creation and result analysis.
- Finding repeatable information and processes to track managed products.
Improve preparedness of the QA organization
- Automated test suite development to handle functional aspects of the system as well non-functional requirements.
- Test case review and development.
- Improve knowledge management to ensure knowledge accumulated during testing periods carry over to other release testing of the product; making it easier for new testers to get up to speed on a product.
- Bring another dimension to the value the QA organization brings to a product by leveraging the testers' experiences to better prepare production support and customer support teams.
Value-Adding Tool Development
Recommend and develop tools that improve the QA team's experience and aid with troubleshooting and fix-agent determination.
Domain training and knowledge transfer to better relate to the end-user of the product, become aware of the problems the user is trying to solve by using the software and how he or she would use the product to solve it.
- Technical training and knowledge transfer on the landscape of the product under test, including the underlining technology, architecture, impacted applications groups to expedite the triage process and root cause determination.
- Technical training to enable the testing organization to handle more specialized types of testing such as server side, mobile, database, configuration and compatibility, web security and performance testing.
Speed up the transition period and improve the organization and depth of the information transitioned
Working with your organization, our objective is to plug the gap between how the outsourcing company expects the information and how the outsourced company stores it.
We assist with organizing and developing documentation and training from all viewpoints - development, support, and testing. We cover all sources of information able to answer questions required to support and enhance the software system; including information found in email threads, support cases, local drive, question-and-answer sessions etc.
Focused and systematic
Systematic, focused and iterative approach in a collaborative environment to ensure immediate feedback from interested parties and a quick turn around time.
Social Impact - Route360
IT Assist’s goal in launching Route360 a 501(c)(3) nonprofit social enterprise is to be at the forefront in ensuring people do not continue to be left behind and expand opportunity for all in the changing economy by connecting low-income individuals with the resources, mentorship, education, and career development needed to find a job in growing and innovative technical industries.
Partnering with organizations working with young adults aging out of foster care, working to end poverty, improving the lives economically for the poor, and bring diversity to tech
Salesforce Administrator Training